Saturday, August 6, 2011

randoms

It only took one week... hmph. One week back on night shift, and I'm already up at 2am and not asleep. This week at work was most definitely, without question, the most stressful/interesting week of work I have had since I started last September. I can't go into details even though I'd really like to (thank you, HIPPA), but just take my word for it. It was not only bad because of the critical status of my patients, but I am still (yes, still) not feeling up to par. And feeling ill is not something that goes hand in hand with being an ICU nurse. This week I just felt overwhelmed, sick, tired, stressed, and wanted to cry (oh, wait, that's right.... I did cry at work... ha). Like I said, a bad week. But, as always, the off days have arrived and I couldn't be more grateful.

I honestly don't have much to blog about, but felt like blogging, so this is going to be just a handful of randoms (hence the title). So, I'll just dive right on in!

Last Sunday night, Chuck and I ventured over to Bed Bath and Beyond to get some things we wanted necessary items for the house. We spent an ungodly amount of money (um, who knew curtains were SO DANG EXPENSIVE?!?!) but what else are gift cards/wedding money for? So, finally, our bedroom and den look more homey and like a house rather than a dorm room!



I probably should have ironed the bed skirt and curtains like my dear friend Cameron did for her new place, but oh well. According to Chuck, "The wrinkles will fall out. It's like when you hang up a wrinkly shirt. They always fall out." So that's what I'm going with. I also bought that new lamp sitting on the table between the two couches. It's this one from Pier 1. Yes, probably too much money for a lamp, but it matched just so perfectly with the sofas and curtains and walls and I just had to have it. I'm loving making our house our home. It's getting more and more decorated and really feels like "ours" now that Chuck has moved in and doesn't have to go home every night. Whoever said being married isn't the best thing ever was surely mistaken. I mean, I know it's been, what, three weeks? Not much time to dislike marriage, I understand. But I'm totally recommending it to everyone I know.

Okay, no more mushy gushy. Moving on.

The other day I ordered an antique printer's drawer off of Etsy that had been in my shopping cart for at least three months. But, I finally gave in and actually purchased it and am in love. See that white jewelry stand on the dresser in front of my mirror in the first picture? It just doesn't go with the room and gets in the way on the dresser. So, I'm solving that problem with a new jewelry holder. The finished product will look similar to this. It's not hung yet or filled with jewelry, but here it is fresh out of the package.


I can't wait to get it up on the wall and fill it with my jewelry. I have so many earrings, and it'll fill space on the bathroom wall and get my old jewelry stand out of the way! I'll add a finished product picture once it's complete.

I also, during my day of adventures purchasing home decor, bought a shadow box from Hobby Lobby to fill with wedding day memories. Here's the finished product.


I should probably take these pictures with something other than my phone. Ignore the terrible quality. ANYWAY, in the box are the letters Chuck and I wrote to each other on the wedding day, my garter, and my wedding day jewelry. I knew I wanted to display them and keep them safe, so I figured this was the best route! I think I'm satisfied with the result. I'm open to suggestions, too, so suggest away with any different ideas.

Tonight, Chuck and I went on a date night.


Our first date night as a married couple. And I must say, when the hostess asked, "What's the last name?", I probably got slightly over giddy when responding with "Abbey". But, hey, it's the little things in life, right? J. Alexanders was the restaurant of choice, and holy cow was it delicious. Thank you, Kayla, for always talking about how delicious their salads, french fries, and honey dijon dressing is. I most definitely got all three in my dinner and wasn't disappointed one bit! Date nights are fun. Even as a old married couple :)
Hope you all had a incredible week filled with happiness. Here's to an even better weekend!
Love you all.

1 comment:

  1. I love shadow boxes, i think they are so neat :) the house looks good! Can't wait for our IKEA trip one day....although it might be a while :/ You will want everything in the store now that you have a home to decorate!!!

    ReplyDelete