Chuck and I have never been the Valentine's Day couple. Even though we've been each other's Valentine for the last seven years, we've just never made a huge ordeal out of the day. Maybe it's because we don't see the point in a scheduled day where you are "supposed" to do this and that to show the person you love just how much you love them. Isn't loving someone bigger than just being there to give a Valentine's Day gift on a Hallmark holiday? Unfortunately, thanks to the invention of things like Facebook, holidays like this have gone private to public. It isn't really about showing love for one another, it's about displaying your love for the world to see. Sadly, I feel like this day has morphed into, "Look what my love got me! Isn't he wonderful????" Maybe that's just my cynical personality talking, but I'd much rather have Chuck do something to show his love on a day where it isn't expected.
However, that doesn't mean that today doesn't make me think about how much I do love Chuck, and how thankful I am for him. There are so many reasons why I am ecstatic to be marrying him.
1. He is Mr. Dedicated. He has more passion for life, more drive, and more enthusiasm than anyone I know. He knows how to "love what you do and do what you love" and he encourages me to do the same.
2. He has a heart of gold and cares so much about his friends and his family. He is so kind, and doesn't hesitate to put others before himself.
3. He will take pictures with me whenever I ask... even though it's his least favorite thing ever.
4. He is darn good looking, if I may say so myself. And I may spend way too much time looking at him :)
5. He has such a great family. And he's a family guy, which I love. One of the most attractive things, to me, is a man who is involved with his family and loves them more than anything. And I appreciate Chuck's heart and how I know he is going to, one day in the far far future, be an awesome and involved dad to our perfect family.
6. He takes me to his lake house and on his boat. One of my favorite places here recently. And I miss it! We need warm weather soon so we can enjoy it again.
7. He is hilarious. And his sense of humor makes me laugh.
These are the few of many, many, many reasons why I love him to absolute death. And I am a better person because of him, his kindness, his selflessness, his motivation, his ease, his calm spirit, his laughter, his humor, and his charm.
No comments:
Post a Comment