Monday, February 7, 2011

i like to brag.

.... brag on my friends, of course :)

PS -- my moment of ADD: I've had this blog now almost a whole year and I JUST now figured how to design it like I want.  Took long enough, didn't it??  It's okay.. I've always known I'm slow at the whole "computer" thing.  That's what Chuck's for :)

Anyway, so last night I was supposed to work, but I got put on call.  Answered prayer?  Yes.  I needed an on-call night, and Superbowl Sunday was the perfect day for just that.  I got to hang out with Chuck, Cameron, Robbie and Zach due to not going into work, and it was glorious.  I really, really, really love my friends... and sometimes I think I don't let them know that enough.

So, I'm going to do a little bit of a bragging post and brag on my friends a bit :)


The beautiful Cameron.. aka "my person".

Cam and I became friends during the summer of 2008, our first semester of nursing school. We befriended over a random conversation that lasted until 5am at her apartment on June 16th (yes, we celebrate our anniversary... haha). Since then, she has been my best friend and I couldn't imagine life without her. She's that person I can call at a random time to tell her a two minute story, and then the conversation is done and that's the end of the phone call. Our friendship isn't one that depends on lengthy phone calls or set aside hang out times. We are just simply ourselves, and it's such a relief to just be... me. She's there when I'm grumpy and tired, or when I need to vent, or when I just need to call her to tell her that I'm glad she's my friend. She's an uh-mazing cook (follow her recipe blog! check it out here!), she knows how to encourage and to listen, and she's genuine. Even when she needs something, she never hesitates to put her friends first. And I'm so glad I get to call her my best friend.

The talented and kind-spirited Christina.

Christina and I became friends during our junior year of high school, when we were both Hoover Ambassadors.  We just kind of hit it off and I couldn't be more grateful that God allowed us to find each other. Christina has the most beautiful heart of anyone I know and is always there when I need someone to talk to. She is the best at giving advice, even from 3000 miles across the country. She also has a lot of patience, because I've been a horrible friend lately that has been terrible at keeping in touch. But, because she  is who she is, I know she won't hold it against me and will be there to talk as soon as I make myself pick up the phone. Most of the time, we call each other for an "update" in our lives, and then end up being on the phone for two hours, forcing ourselves to hang up even though our conversation isn't over yet. She is beautiful, talented (she is pursuing her acting career in LA!), and one of the cutest girls you will ever meet. She is going to make one gorgeous bride in June, and has created the cutest wedding blog to help other brides plan their big day! Check it out here! I am so fortunate that she has felt it important to stay friends with me, even from California. Christina is one of those sound friends that's just not going away... and I'm thankful for that.

The hilarious and perfect Whitney.

Whitney and I have been friends since freshman year of high school. If you ask her, I wasn't "cool" until I befriended her, but I think it's all a matter of perspective :) Whitney and I have so many memories together.. sleepovers and boy talk as weird high schoolers, long phone conversations during college, and weekends that I spent up at Lee visiting her and getting to know her awesome friends. Whitney is never, ever one to keep a dull moment alive for long.. she is sure to put her piece of entertainment on a situation, whether it be by a prank, a detailed story, or something else. She is beautiful and light hearted... and she's sure to keep me in a good mood.

The goofy and entertaining Zach.
Zach and I have been friends since high school.. off and on, that is. We were all close while we were all attending Hoover High, but once we went to college and Zach was a senior at Hoover, we grew apart for a few years. But, because he's smart, Zach came crawling back to us not too long ago... :) Ok, maybe not crawling back, but you know. He is quite the friend to have and is always up for a nice gossip or dramatic story. I am fortunate for him because he is a friend that truly cares, even though he may not express it a lot of the time. But, hey, he's a guy. What more can you ask for? He is also a blessing in Chuck's life since Chuck got him into triathlons. He's a workout partner, a training buddy, and just an all around good friend. And he's always up for some advice from my all-knowing wise self :) Love you, brother.

The jolly green giant known as Robbie.

This picture breaks the norm and bothers my OCDness of the post a little bit, but I had to use it because he displays Robbie's personality so perfectly. Robbie and I have been friends since he and Chuck became "best buds" (ha) our sophomore/junior year of high school. They became friends after Robbie joined the praise team at church, and I'm so glad they hit it off like they did... because it provided me with a new friend, too! Robbie is awesome... just trust me. He's "tough", but really he's a big teddy bear.. (just don't tell anyone). He's leaving in March for the Navy, and I couldn't be more sad about it. Robbie is like a brother. Sometimes I don't even think of him as a boy... not in a bad way, he's just always there, always a friend, always just Robbie. He's hilarious, sometimes short tempered, and cares about his friends to an extreme. He's so much fun to have around and I'm going to miss him so much. I'm so glad that I've been blessed to call him my friend for so many years now!

So there. I've never been the girl with an umpteen number of friends, but I like it that way. I'm close to those that mean the most, and that's what matters to me. They are all unique, all wonderful, and all mean so much to me.
Of course, there's Chuck.. and of course he's my friend, but I brag on him all the time. I figured I'd give the others a shout out for once :)
So, I'm blessed by each one of you!
And I love you all very, very much!!

Have a wonderful Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Aww yay!! I LOVE this post!:) Thanks so much for the shout out sweet Katie. We will talk soon don't you worry:) I am glad you had a night off last night to watch the Superbowl with friends.

    ReplyDelete