I'm officially a real nurse working on the floor of a hospital... WHOA. Getting my license back in June was my first moment of "real nurse-ism", but walking onto the floor yesterday and having someone refer to me as a "professional" was WEIRD (and my second moment of "real nurse-ism"!). I was more terrified than I thought I would be, thinking I would be thrown into a sea of sick patients that I had to take care of by myself. Knowing I'd been out of a hospital since April (and out of the ICU since February) I was SO. SCARED. But, like everyone who works at Trinity had told me, my coworkers on the floor are amazing. They said at the very beginning of the day that the CCU believes in working as a team and that they don't "eat their young".
Whew. Let the sighs of relief begin....
Working was honestly amazing. I missed being in the hospital. I missed interacting with patients and taking care of people. I missed earning money.. haha.
One of my patients was pretty funny and told me that he was going to chop off my finger because I had a lot of money on it and I didn't need my ring... uhh, yes I do thank you very much Mr. Patient. (Don't worry, my ring is still safely on my finger where it should be.)
And I get to do it all again tomorrow! :) I hope I stay excited about work for quite some time. I like getting paid to do what I like.
No comments:
Post a Comment