Anyway, lately. What has been going on lately.. Well, the last time I posted I think I mentioned that Chuck had a triathlon coming up. Weeellll, that didn't exactly go as planned. Poor Chuck.. he can't seem to shake these injuries. His bike broke during the race so he had to stop and get brought back in a car. Unfortunately, when his bike broke, he did something to his leg muscle which put him out of training for about two weeks. Well, now he's having knee problems, went to the doctor, and was told he had hurt his IT band. But, it's gotten worse so now he has to go for an MRI on Tuesday and see if he's injured the meniscus in his knee. If so, surgery may be necessary and that just messes EVERYTHING up. All he wants to do is train for the marathon in January and the poor guy can't even run. He's actually on crutches.. CRUTCHES! Like he will actually walk on crutches. Yeah, right. We'll see how long that lasts. Regardless, he definitely needs some prayers that it's not his meniscus and won't require surgery.
What else.. I started night shift! And successfully completely my whole first week. And didn't fall asleep on the job! (close, but I managed). My sleep schedule ridiculously messed up, but I hear it gets better with time. I really do love where I work. Everyone is so helpful and nice and it's not nearly has hectic as day shift was. Night shift can actually be pretty relaxing (at least so far.. that will probably change once I'm off orientation) but still. Although it still weirds me out that I'm awake and at work at 3am when everyone else is sleeping.
What else.. oh yeah, Bama lost. Ok, enough on that topic.
We have our plans for Disney World in January! Even if Chuck can't race (which he's determined beyond a reasonable amount, but whatever) we are still going to go. Zach will be running regardless, so we'll cheer him on even if Chuck doesn't run (and I'll be consoling Chuck the whole time because he'll be Mr. Frustrated all day long, but that's understandable. He's has quite an injury-prone body). I'm ecstatic to be going again. Disney World is my FAVORITE PLACE EVER! And now Chuck will get to experience it with us! Couldn't be more happy!!
No more details yet about the wedding. I've taken a break from planning just because I did so much at first to get important stuff booked. Next on the list will be the DJ, dress shopping, and bridesmaids dress shopping (I think..) and honeymoon!! We are very excited to start planning that so hopefully we can go talk to a travel agent sometime soon.
Ok, that's all I can think of. Remember, prayers on Tuesday for Chuck would be much, much, much appreciated! Hope you are all having a wonderful fall so far. Go carve a pumpkin! And eat some pie. And take pictures of the fall leaves on the trees. Enjoy God's beautiful fall season! Love you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment