My friend Cameron showed me this video a few days ago, and it's one of those things that just tugs at your heart strings. Every time I watch it, it makes me tear up. What an incredible story of true love and commitment...
"Some stories never get old. This excerpt from a speech is a good reminder that true love is possible. Love is easy when the circumstances are easy. But how do we react when life gets complicated?
Robert McQuilken served as president of Columbia Bible College, a Christian college in South Carolina, for many years. Then, one day his wife became ill with Alzheimer’s, and her condition became so severe that he decided to retire.
It has been reported that McQuilken’s friends urged him to keep working by saying, "Others can care for her as effectively as you can. God chose you for this great college work. Think of the impact for God you can make in this prestigious chair." Then they hit him with the killer blow, “She doesn't even know who you are."
McQuilken replied, "But I know who she is, and I promised to be there for her."
Robert McQuilken is clearly a man of character and integrity. His words and actions are inspiring. We have a lot to learn from him.
I know relationships are fun and exciting in the first few weeks, months, and even years. But that's all childish infatuation. It's great and necessary and a wonderful stage, but it's not real.
This is real. This is what we all crave. This is love."
Robert McQuilken served as president of Columbia Bible College, a Christian college in South Carolina, for many years. Then, one day his wife became ill with Alzheimer’s, and her condition became so severe that he decided to retire.
It has been reported that McQuilken’s friends urged him to keep working by saying, "Others can care for her as effectively as you can. God chose you for this great college work. Think of the impact for God you can make in this prestigious chair." Then they hit him with the killer blow, “She doesn't even know who you are."
McQuilken replied, "But I know who she is, and I promised to be there for her."
Robert McQuilken is clearly a man of character and integrity. His words and actions are inspiring. We have a lot to learn from him.
I know relationships are fun and exciting in the first few weeks, months, and even years. But that's all childish infatuation. It's great and necessary and a wonderful stage, but it's not real.
This is real. This is what we all crave. This is love."
What an inspiration to love and live like this.
No comments:
Post a Comment