Friday, September 24, 2010

moving right along.

Things around here seem to be going ninety-to-nothing, which is very exciting. We visited two venues last weekend and decided on one for the wedding. I received the paperwork in the mail today and am mailing out the deposit check tomorrow! :) We have a date. We have a place. And we have a photographer. I love checking things off my to-do list, and there went THREE! Hooray!

So here are the details so far:

Date: July 16, 2011
Time: 7pm (most likely)
Place: Micah's Meadow at Mathew's Manor











The tree that the wedding party will stand under. It's huge, as you can tell from the picture above. Everyone start praying NOW for no rain!















It's an absolutely gorgeous setting and I CAN'T WAIT! I want to keep a lot of the details of the wedding quiet because I want people to be surprised. I'm so into making things personal and being crafty, and I hope it turns out like I have it visioned in my head. If it rains, I have no idea what we're going to do considering all my plans are for this setting. But, we'll figure it out if that's the case! I'll be most excited about becoming Mrs. Austin Abbey, so if it rains, it rains.. (I tell myself this now. We'll see how calm I'll be come July 16th.. ha).

We are using Gresham Photography to shoot the big day and our engagement shoot. I am IN LOVE with them and their work and am so excited to have them photograph everything. I've followed them for quite some time now and knew all along I wanted them to be our photographers.. I even changed my date to a date they were open :)
Here's their website: http://www.simple-color.com/
Chuck and I are meeting them tomorrow for the first time and I'm ecstatic. Considering my obsession with photography, I'm sure I'll be thrilled to just look through their books and dream about them shooting our wedding.

I also created our wedding website... check it out! http://www.mywedding.com/chuckandkatiegetmarried/

As far as work goes, I'm STILL waiting on my license to be transferred from the state of Pennsylvania. I swear.. they are the WORST board of nursing in all 50 states. I learned that while waiting to get my ATT at the beginning of the summer to take boards, and now I'm waiting for them now. Don't they know I have a job to be attending? And a paycheck to be working on? Oh well. Not much I can do but wait.

Chuck has a triathlon this weekend :) First race cheering him on as his fiancée! Exciting. I decided to give myself a goal (well, actually, Chuck sorta made the goal for me.. but I didn't refuse). I'm attempting to race in a triathlon with Chuck before we get married. I plan on buying a bike with my first paycheck and start training. I figure it will 1) keep me healthy 2) help me get in shape for the wedding and 3) be something we can do together as a couple. He LOVES it, so why not give it a shot myself. Even if it's just a sprint distance, it will still be something we do together. I mean, it's not like I'm attempting to run a marathon.. he's doing that one without me in January. 26.2 miles? No thanks... at least not anytime soon.

I hope everyone is doing wonderfully and is as thankful that fall is here as I am. Now, where is that fall weather? Pretty sure 95 degrees doesn't fall under "autumn weather". Before you know it, the leaves will be yellow and Christmas music will be right around the corner!!


No comments:

Post a Comment