Monday, April 19, 2010

content

Content. Being content. Contentedness.

Considering everything in my life that I am blessed with, it's amazing to me how hard I find it to just simply be content.

When I was in high school, I wanted to be in college.
In college, I always looked forward to graduation.
Now with graduation in just 19 days, I'm scared and I want to turn back time to 3 years ago.
I long to be engaged.
I'm sure once I get engaged, I will count down the days, hours, minutes, seconds to being married.

Why is it that I always find it so difficult to be okay with what I have right now? I am beyond blessed with 2 amazing, loving, by-my-side sisters, an adoring Mom who goes over and beyond to provide for us 3 girls, a boyfriend who has loved me for the past 7 years, a college degree (basically) from an outstanding University, a close-knit group of friends, and even friends living across the country from me. I should look at my life and constantly thank God for blessing me abundantly.

I didn't think it would be so hard to just be... content.

So, my prayer for myself, and for everyone else who feels like they are in the same boat... May we be content with where we are now. Because whether I feel like I deserve 10x what I have, or whether I am amazed by all that God has blessed me with, I have what I have and I should be grateful for it because it is more than I deserve.

So I have to make some tough choices this week. So it's not going to be easy for me to commit to something because I hate making commitments. So I may end up making a decision that changes what I've planned for me and my life for the last 2 years. That's okay... right? Right. And I'll be content in my decision.

Promise.

"I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." Philippians 4: 11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment