Hey folks!! It's been a while. Life seems to get so busy in a hurry and days weeks fly by without even realizing it. Luckily, though, the weather was warmer and it's been a good few weeks (though right now it's a miserable 37 degrees outside.. ew). Hopefully the warm weather will come back out and say hello soon! I was getting rather spoiled in my short sleeves and no jacket attire.
So, this past weekend we went to Mardi Gras in Fairhope, courtesy of our good friends the Nesters who still live down there. They lived across the street from us before we moved up to Birmingham from Daphne, and we love getting to spend time with them! They are our "Disney World friends", and they are so much fun. Renee' and Mrs. Marlene are part of the Maids of Jubilee, the organization who threw the parade and the ball. So, they were dressed up in crazy outfits for both the parade and the ball.
About to get on the float! Dressed in their St. Patty's gear for the "Holidays" float!


Since the ball was Friday night, Saturday was spent just hanging out in the Mobile area. Because of the horrible rain and storms, our plans of visiting the USS Alabama were blown, so instead we killed some time at the Nester's house playing with Rachael's (the younger daughter) little boy, Lucas. He just turned a month old and he is more adorable than you could even imagine. And I learned, unfortunately, that I am terr-i-ble at burping babies, so Chuck and I should probably mark "have a child" off our list for quite a while. Not that it wasn't already on the "to-do after our 5 year anniversary" list, but still. I need to practice with some baby dolls first or something.
We also bought a King Cake, hid the baby, and then devoured the whole thing. Amy got the baby in the end, which means she has to buy the next King Cake! We all thought it meant you were king for the day, but the Mardi Gras natives taught us that it just means you have to buy the next one... not nearly as exciting as being King for a day!
I hope everyone else had a great weekend as well. Next weekend we are off to the beach! Luckily, I was able to maneuver my work schedule around Chuck's spring break (for the most part) so I'll be tagging along for my own little spring break adventure to Destin. It should be a great time! I just pray the weather gets warmer and this cold front moves on through and spring shows back up. I can't exactly get a tan when I'm wearing a sweat shirt!! But, regardless, I'll always take a nice vaca with good friends, no matter the weather.
Love you all!!
About to get on the float! Dressed in their St. Patty's gear for the "Holidays" float!
Catching as many beads as we can! And, trust me, we caught plenty!!
I loved dressing up all fancy in our ball gowns and tails. All men attending must be in "Mardi Gras Tails", meaning tuxes with tails, white vests, and white bow ties. Girls must be in floor length gowns. It was so fun getting dressed up! Quite different than my normal sweat pants and t shirt attire :)
What a goob. Gotta love him!
Inside the ball! Supporting our Doozy Straps.
www.beverageoutfitters.com -- check them out! Your convenient and handy drink holder , so you can stay refreshed and dance at the same time, all night long! haha
www.beverageoutfitters.com -- check them out! Your convenient and handy drink holder , so you can stay refreshed and dance at the same time, all night long! haha
Since the ball was Friday night, Saturday was spent just hanging out in the Mobile area. Because of the horrible rain and storms, our plans of visiting the USS Alabama were blown, so instead we killed some time at the Nester's house playing with Rachael's (the younger daughter) little boy, Lucas. He just turned a month old and he is more adorable than you could even imagine. And I learned, unfortunately, that I am terr-i-ble at burping babies, so Chuck and I should probably mark "have a child" off our list for quite a while. Not that it wasn't already on the "to-do after our 5 year anniversary" list, but still. I need to practice with some baby dolls first or something.
We also bought a King Cake, hid the baby, and then devoured the whole thing. Amy got the baby in the end, which means she has to buy the next King Cake! We all thought it meant you were king for the day, but the Mardi Gras natives taught us that it just means you have to buy the next one... not nearly as exciting as being King for a day!
I hope everyone else had a great weekend as well. Next weekend we are off to the beach! Luckily, I was able to maneuver my work schedule around Chuck's spring break (for the most part) so I'll be tagging along for my own little spring break adventure to Destin. It should be a great time! I just pray the weather gets warmer and this cold front moves on through and spring shows back up. I can't exactly get a tan when I'm wearing a sweat shirt!! But, regardless, I'll always take a nice vaca with good friends, no matter the weather.
Love you all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment