Thursday, May 6, 2010

NURSE'S DAY!

So today was Nurse's Day! THAT'S ME! (almost). What a good feeling.

I have two days until graduation. TWO DAYS. Whoa. I mean, I knew time would fly by fast, but holy cow.

I love how I can look back over these last 4 years and see a definite change in myself.
- I know for a fact that I can live on my own.
- I know how to manage money, pay bills, etc.
- I have become quite the little studier, and I know how to survive a strenuous college curriculum.
- I know how to surround myself with the kind of friends that I need, rather than being friends with the people who just happen to surround me.
- I know how to look for a job.
- I've learned that God knows the answers to everything, and if you just ask, He will give you the peace you need.
- I've learned to trust myself.
- I've learned how to deal with mice in an apartment at 5am.. :)
- I've learned how to deal with roommates... which unfortunately teaches you that the world isn't always as kind as the naive person assumes it to be.
- I know that the friends that are across the country are sometimes the friends that are closest to the heart.
- I've learned important time management.
- I've learned to cook :) some things, at least. Thanks Cameron!
- I know now that it's okay for friends to see you cry. And crying on a friend's shoulder is often a good way to make the tears go away.
- I am finally a little bit better with confrontation. Not by much.. the tears still pour every time, but at least I feel as though I can someone confront someone regarding my opinion, now.
- I appreciate the lazy days, because the not-so-lazy days occur way too often.

Those are just a few. If I really sat down and thought about it, I could come up with a million more I'm sure.

My next post will be after graduation, when I am OFFICIALLY an alumna of The University of Alabama!!

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post:) I really enjoyed reading what you have learned over the years.

    ReplyDelete