Saturday, March 6, 2010

Katie and Cameron :)

Today, I helped Cameron move out of her apartment. We moved and put some boxes together yesterday, and then today her family came down and moved everything out of her apartment. Everything. Her bed, her green chair we would sit in to study, and her mirror that hangs over to door that I would get ready in front of when I would spend the night over there. Her pictures are gone that had pictures of me and her in it. Her bulletin board that had the cards I gave her on it. It's all gone! And yes, this is super cheesy sounding, but it's sad. It's sad because she won't be living in Tuscaloosa anymore. It's sad because I spent soooooo many hours of the last two years at that apartment. Studying, eating dinner, spending the night on her infamous couch/chair, and so many other things.

This is a picture that was taken Fall of 2008, second semester of nursing school. We had just gotten our uniforms and were actually proud to wear those things.. now they are annoying. But regardless, it's a picture of her room and us when we were new-ish friends.


Cam even told Ben (her boyfriend) today that, "Me and Katie are about to celebrate our two year anniversary." And it's true. We've only been friends for almost two years, and yet she knows me more than almost anyone. She's JUST like me, yet completely different than me. We had the weirdest beginning to a relationship and yet it actually lasted. We've been best friends since June 2008 and I seriously could not have gotten through nursing school without her.

See? She's hilarious.

Those are the arms we practiced giving shots on during our first semester in clinicals. We had some down time one day :)

And though I annoy her like crazy about skipping out of some football games, she still loves me.


So, anyway. I just was sad today because Cam moved out. It's one of those friendships that you know will last. I know in a few years that it's likely we won't be living in the same town. We'll both be married to two wonderful guys. We'll both be nurses. She'll be a preacher's wife, and we might even be thinking about kids before too long. But the one thing I DO know about my not-so-clear future is that Cameron will be the first person I call when I get engaged. And she'll be on the top of the list when I get pregnant years down the road (after the fam, of course..). And I can always count on her to cook me a nice dinner or bake me a delicious cake when I've had a bad day or when I need to come visit her.



It's amazing how God puts people in your life that you need to encourage you and bring out the best in you. I never, ever would have thought when I applied for nursing school that I'd graduate nursing school with a best, best, lifelong friend.

So, Cam. You're the best. And I love you, boo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment