It's beginning to look a lot like CHRISTMAS! Not so much FEEL like Christmas, considering the last two days have had a high in the 70's... but I think the weather is about to have a turn of events and bring the cold air back. Thanks goodness. I mean, I'm not in love with the winter weather, but a spring-like Christmas is just no fun at all.
So, here in the Abbey abode, we have been decorating for Christmas for a while now. It's taken an entire 2 weeks to officially decorate our tree... we brought it home on the 3rd and I just tonight finished putting ornaments on it. I mean, why not drag it out a bit?! It's mostly taken for.ev.er because we had zero ornaments to even put on the tree. And by zero, I mean ZERO. It definitely made for a pitiful looking Christmas tree. So, for about a week, our tree was exactly that... a tree (with some Christmas lights). The lights helped, and made it almost just as wonderful as a fully decorated tree. You better believe that every time we have been home, that tree has been lit and enjoyed... with or without any ornaments :) But now finally, we have a few ornaments and it's decorated in all it's glory! Over the years, our trees will appreciate the acquired ornaments we accumulate. But for now, it's bare and beautifully ours ;)
Bringing home our first Christmas tree, and MY first real tree ever!
The hubs, stringing the lights like a pro.
Oh Chuck.... by the way, notice my tree skirt :) Still super proud of that sucker.. ha.
Thanks to Pinterest, I made some of these wedding invitation ornaments. Unfortunately, I can't find any extra invitations, so these are all our wedding programs. But I'll be making more as soon as I can get my hand on some of our invitations.
Of course, I needed an "A".
And the obligatory "First Christmas" ornament. Except it doesn't actually say "First Christmas", but I figure the bride and groom and year is symbolic enough.
"The stockings were hung by the chimney with care..."
Christmas-y den. I have loved spending time in here this holiday season.
It has been such a joy to decorate the house and be surrounded by the Christmas spirit in our first home. The house is still a wreck, honestly... the guest bedroom is a disaster, I don't have storage boxes for my new table in the den to hold all of our books and movies, and there are other things in the house that drive me crazy on a daily basis. But having the Christmas decorations up, the Christmas candles burning and the tree lit up makes me so happy. I am going to be so sad once the holidays are over!
Here are a few more decorations that I've put together around the house.
This sits on our new table in the den.
I made these letters the same weekend I made our tree skirt.
Christmas kitchen towels.
Merry Christmas everyone!
So so cute! Your little bride and groom are precious! I love your JOY letters too :). I love how warm and cozy the house feels at Christmas. I'll be sad to take down the decorations as well...
ReplyDelete