Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone is having a fabulous beginning to the new year. It's 2011, ya'll! That's unbelievable. Remember Y2K? And then 2001? And then I graduated high school in 2006. And now it's 2011. Where in the world is the time going? It's insane. But I am overjoyed for 2011 to be here. It's going to be a year of some exciting adventures...

1. Chuck and I will get married this year! No more "July 16th of next year".. it's this year, folks!

2. Many other friends will get hitched this year, too. This is the year of weddings :)

3. Emily will graduate high school this year. My not so little sister will be a college student come August. She's supposed to be 6. Not 18 and graduated.

4. I will hit my one year mark of being a real nurse this year.

5. One of my best and favorite friends since high school, Robbie, will depart on his Navy Seal pursuit. As much as it saddens me to say goodbye and that he won't be able to be in our wedding, I am excited for him.

There are so many more that I didn't mention that have slipped my mind as of now. But, this year has a lot in store. 2010 was a wonderful year, and I'm so excited for 2011 to one-up 2010. It will be hard, but I have no doubt that it will happen. Man, this time next year I'll put 2010 and 2011 together and that's one heck of a two year span. How exciting!

Of course, New Year's resolutions are a must. As always, most resolutions fall by the wayside, but having good intentions never hurt anyone. So, here are some resolutions that I will try to keep throughout the year.

1. Love more, love deeply, and love in all circumstances. You know the verse. It's so easy to take a situation and not show love when it's not easy. And it's also so easy to forget the struggles and hardships others may be experiencing who need love.

2. Exercise more. So cliche, but so needed. More specifically, run a half marathon by 2012.

3. Use my camera more and get into photography seriously like I've been desiring to do for the past several months.

4. Stay calm, cool, and collected as the wedding planning comes together and the time draws closer.

5. Be a loving, forgiving, patient, nurturing, supportive, and submissive wife come July :)

6. Spend more time with my family. And appreciate their presence and time.

7. Pray more.

8. Adjust to night shift successfully. Not necessarily something I can control, but I can try. If only willpower was everything...

9. Have patience. I am slacking in this area lately, which is not okay. Patience is a virtue, and I need some virtues in my life.

10. Keep these resolutions to the best of my ability.

Have a blessed, safe, and HAPPY NEW YEAR! Love you all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment